Saturday, November 30, 2013

Slingblade

One of my top ten or fifteen movies EVER.  Billy Bob Thornton plays a very believable, newly released mental patient named Karl who is slow.  He talks slow and simple, eats simple, has meager belongings.  He seems absolutely harmless.  He doesn't require much in his newly free world, other than the love of a young boy.  That's all this simple man needs to make him happy, as well as the boy's momma being happy too.  When the momma and boy aren't being treated well, watch out!  This is a movie so good I forgot I was watching a movie.  Every actor was so great, down to the little boy Karl befriends to Karl's small town co workers. John Ritter plays a great role in this movie as well as a gay man, and when I saw him I grew wistful and said, "OOOH John Ritter!"  I realized how he was gone way too soon and how much I loved him as lovable Jack Tripper from 3's Company.  My cousin loves to do impressions of Karl.  He onced ordered movie tickets as Karl, complete with the "mmmhmmms".  Anyway, you will find yourself really loving this big oaf named Karl.  I know I did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment