Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Goodbye Solo

What started out as a simple, mostly heartwarming tale about an older, cantankerous white man and a mostly happy go lucky African black man taxi driver was all erased in an instant by the ending.  I was so drawn to this "real" movie.  The acting was so good I truly felt like I was watching real people in action and not actors.  Without spoiling the ending, it left me exclaiming, "that's the end??!  Tell me that's not the end!"  The end ruined an otherwise fabulous movie.  Normally I like unconventional endings but I found myself really rooting for Solo and William.  I would still recommend because I am really tiring of movies of now with all the fluff, drama, and "beautiful" people. I truly wonder why this movie was even made after seeing the ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment